POUR POINT DEPRESSANTS FOR HEAVY FUEL
HFO, also known as “residual fuel oil”, is based on the high viscosity, tar-like mass, which remains after the distillation and subsequent cracking of crude oil in order to produce lighter hydrocarbon products, such as petrol, distillate diesel fuels and heating oil or feedstocks for lubricants Heavy Fuel Oils contain high molecular weight which begin to crystallize in the form of needles and thin plates. As more wax crystallizes, these needles and thin plates turn into 3-D structural network, dramatically increasing the viscosity of heavy fuel oils. This deterioration in the flow properties of the heavy fuel oils leads to the problem of High pressure-drop in pipelines, valves, control valves etc., pump capacity limitation and ultimately increase in pumping cost. Use of chemical additive such as Pour Point Depressants (PPD) can considerably improve the flow properties of the heavy fuels. KAPL is a manufacturer of Pour Point Depressants for Heavy Fuels like Heating Fuels, Vaccum Gas Oils, Furnace Fuel Oils, Marine fuels/Bunker Fuel Oils, etc.
CRISTOL PPD VGO/FFO/Marine Fuel Series is designed to make handling and transportation of heavy fuel oils smooth and trouble free.
- Minimizes wax deposition in storage tanks and pipelines.
- Improves flow characteristics in the pipeline.
- Decrease operating pressures.
- Increase pipeline profits.
- Obviating the need for extra stations and loops.
- High activity, low viscosity.
- Contains no metals, halogens or sulphur.
- Completely organic and ash free.