Business Development Manager
Brief overview of the position:- As a member of the international business development team, the main responsibility shall be explore & develop the opportunities in the assigned territory to increase the company’s exports and help build Brand CRISTOL in international market.
Position title: Business Development Manager
Hours/ Location: Monday – Friday, 9:00 -18:00; Raheja Plaza, Andheri (W) – Mumbai. Compensation + Perks: To be discussed.
Department: International Sales & Marketing.
Reports to: President, Marketing or Regional Manager or as designated by them.
Works with: Business Development team.
Brief overview of the position: - As a member of the international business development team, the main responsibility shall be explore & develop the opportunities in the assigned territory to increase the company’s exports and help build Brand CRISTOL in international market.
Engage in proactive learning about the company’s existing activities, operations, channels, product range, strength, weakness and other details during the initial part of the job to strengthen your acumen for the role
- Conduct preliminary market survey of the region assigned & prepare a comprehensive database by visiting consulates, export promotion councils, libraries, trade fairs, industry journals, internet search etc
- Prepare a business plan/road map for business development in territory assigned to be executed in 3 years with predetermined milestones & measureable targets
- Run regular mass mailer campaigns in assigned territory for effective Sales promotion in assigned territory
- To maintain database of all leads generated from assigned territory & their progress reports with updated status/milestones achieved with every lead
- Create & manage a database of all samples & quotations sent in assigned territory
- Create & manage a database of all orders & Invoices issued in assigned territory
- Follow up for payment on due dates
- Generate/Review monthly Intelligence Reports from territory assigned for Competitor mapping
- Participate in budgeting ®ular sales forecasting exercises
- Prepare periodic travel plans to visit important customers in the region. Plan & prepare to participate in conferences &exhibitions in the assigned territory
- Appoint distributors/agents, support & monitor their progress vs. predetermined goals & targets
- Develop close-cordial relationships with select major customers and distributors in the assigned region
- Generate quarterly progress reports of major customers/distributors in regions assigned for review by Top Mgt
- Closely coordinate the efforts made internally by our purchase, production, logistics teams to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Ultimate goal is to achieve the pre-defined sales targets in assigned territory.
- Age should ideally be between 25~35 years.
- Should preferably be a B.Sc./M.Sc./BE (Chem) graduate + MBA in Sales & Marketing (preferably).
- Should possess excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Should have a pleasing personality & a positive attitude.
- Should possess Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent in organizing Data and Information for any decision making.
- Must be conversant with Export-Import Policy; Customs& DGFT Rules & regulations relevant for Exports;
- Shipping Inco terms; Payment options for international business (LC’s, CAD etc).
- Should have min 3-5 years progressive experience in international business development.
- Experience in Oilfield/Speciality Chemicals/Fine Chemicals business would be ideally preferred. Should be preferably living in western suburbs of Mumbai.
- Must be well conversant with MS Office Basic (especially Word, Excel, PP) to prepare comprehensive reports & presentations. Working knowledge on any ERP would be an added advantage
*Please note that the above Job Description is only a guideline, the expectations from the position may be revised as per directives from the Management.