Hydrogen Sulphide is a serious and potentially lethal hazard in both upstream and downstream oil and gas industry. H2S is a highly corrosive gas, reacts with steel in wells and pipelines and can cause stress corrosion cracking, pitting and also deposition of iron-sulphide scales.
In Reservoirs, H2S can be generated by –
- Bacterial sulphate reduction by indigenous sulphate – reducing bacteria (SRBs)
- Thermal Cracking
- Thermochemical sulphate reduction
The application of hydrogen sulphide scavengers is a widely adopted practice in production and processing operations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
KAPL is an H2S Scavenger manufacturer and our range of CRISTOL SHS Series products help to remove H2S problem in an economic way. CRISTOL SHS Series gives an instantaneous reaction with H2S and the by-products are water-soluble and are removed with the water in the system. The products are designed to control H2S with bubble tower applications and/or continuous injections into the wellhead, infield or other transmission lines. The advantages of using CRISTOL H2S Scavengers include
- Non – Zinc based H2S Scavengers. Do not form precipitate.
- Feature an instantaneous reaction with hydrogen sulfide and very effective even at low
- dosage rates.
- Chemically tie up with the H2S in an irreversible reaction preventing the release, even if
- pH drops.
- Reduce corrosion problems.
- No negative Impact on downstream operations.
- Improve water quality and reduces line plugging tendencies by preventing iron sulfide generation.